Avenue M’s Guiding DEIA Principles
- Belonging. Provide a safe, welcoming environment and cultivate an inclusive culture that respects and supports the contributions of diversity.
- Commitment. Invest in and integrate diversity, equity, inclusion, and access (DEIA) in all aspects of the organization, including project assignments, leadership opportunities, education, and recognition.
- Knowledge. Provide the necessary training and education to ensure staff are knowledgeable about issues surrounding DEIA, including bias, discrimination, and systemic racism. Give our team the knowledge and skills necessary to foster a sense of belonging and understanding of how to be allies to our peers, colleagues, and clients.
- Continued Improvement. Aim to be honest and transparent with ourselves and each other about how we can do better in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access.
To create a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce, we have signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion pledge to:
- Cultivate environments that support open dialogue on complex - and often difficult conversations around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Implement and expand unconscious bias education and training.
- Share best-known diversity, equity, and inclusion programs and initiatives - as well as those that have been unsuccessful.
- Engage board of directors when developing and evaluating diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies.